Monday, July 1, 2013

Powering through the Jet Lag

I apologize for not posting yesterday but I was having issues, many issues like no Internet and being delirious from jet lag. Both are getting better. As I write this it is  10:20 pm Monday night, we are 9 hours ahead of Cali and it stays light till almost 10 pm so I'm a bit out of sorts still. My last trip to Europe was 8 years ago and I do not remember struggling so much with the time change, age changes  everything I think. 
Last I left you we had just checked in on Saturday. That night we had a group dinner, us 14 Italians and Keith. We went to this restaurant on the beach called  Ca la Nuri. We arrived at 10 pm and closed the joint down. The food was good, casual dinning but done well. We started with  fried Calimari , olives, and caprese salad and then Keith and I had Paella. With all of it there was about 10 bottles of wine drunk. The paella was good, it is all about the rice infused with the flavors of the sea. It was dark brown and a great texture. Prawns, mussels, cuttle fish , octopus and other seafood were nestled in the rice and if was just yummy.
It was really a fun night being with my sister Judy, her husband Joe, my niece Jenna her husband Matt, my nephew and his girlfriend Jack and Jill and the Rizzo family, Sal and Linda and their four  adult kids. Sal and Joe shared about being groped by women offering sexual favors which they turned down. We all got more animated as the night got later and later. It is such a treat to be able to share this trip with my family. I love them all of course but I like them very much too. The Rizzo's just add extra fun. More to come, love you Mom. 
Peace out from Barcelona.

No comments:

Post a Comment